consider this my version of oprah’s favorite things list (and subsequently show, except i’m not giving you a car at the end of the post, darn) -things i bought/discovered/tried this year and loved…
starting with my number one favorite thing:
- rodan + fields lash boost || i had been so skeptical to try one of these lash boosting serums (heard horror stories about latisse) but after my eyelashes seemed to be getting shorter and sparser with almost two decades-worth of waterproof mascara, i figured it was worth a shot. you guys, this stuff WORKS. i have been using it nightly since february and i can’t tell you how many times i get asked about my eyelashes. no they aren’t extensions and yes, they are real! run, don’t walk and get yourself a tube. it’s worth the investment (and less expensive than the upkeep of extensions!).
- rxbars || in a very exciting turn of events this year, the kind team at rxbar sent me a complimentary box of their seasonal pumpkin pie bars right after labor day. it was the perfect treat to help me kick-off the fall season. since then, rxbars have been a permanent staple on our weekly grocery list (more on that below). my favorite flavors are chocolate chip and peanut butter but this season’s flavor –a sweet yet spicy gingerbread has also been a tasty after-dinner treat. if you haven’t tried them yet, they’re the perfect snack to stow away in your bag for those low blood sugar moments around 3:00 p.m. or as i like to enjoy them -after dinner with a big cup of coffee.
- everlane wide-leg crops || similar to the rxbars, my first experience with everlane’s wide-leg cropped pants was at the generosity of the company itself. everlane gifted me a pair of their popular pants in bone and i immediately fell in love. so much so, i ordered a second pair in surplus green (and santa brought me a pair in black, too). they are well-made, can be easily dressed up or down, and are under $70. what more could you ask for in a pant?
- aerie loungewear + pajamas || the older i get, the more i want to spend all of my time in pajamas. the moment i get home from anywhere, i’m showered and into a pair of comfies (as i refer to them as). therefore i’m constantly adding to and replacing pieces in my collection (they have many trips through the washer/dryer). my favorite place to buy loungewear these days is aerie. not only are the fabrics extremely soft, the sizing is on point, and there are constantly sales so you never have to pay full price for your 5th pair of joggers or ribbed sleep tanks.
- iced (and hot) almond milk lattes || once i find a new-to-me coffee drink, i order it all the time until i find something new and move on. for years it was a venti iced coffee with soy milk then that turned into a soy flat white with sugar free vanilla and most recently (in an attempt to limit or eliminate soy from my diet), i’ve switched to all things almond milk latte. this summer i ordered my first iced almond milk latte on our honeymoon in quebec city and since july it has been my new drink of choice. recently with the colder temperatures, i’ve exchanged an iced latte for a hot one, but the obsession continues now almost six months strong…
- leather mules || it took me a while to jump on the mule train, but i finally did and i haven’t looked back. not that putting your foot into a pointy-toe flat is hard work, but the ease of slides really can’t be beat. i’d imagine i’ll be living in them once i get pregnant! the madewell ones i purchased in early fall have almost sold out (for the umpteenth time), but target has some amazing gucci dupes and everlane’s loafer mules are tres chic.
- ourgroceries app || over the course of the past year, S and i have gotten into a groove with managing our domestic responsibilities. i pack his lunch in the morning, he starts dinner when i’m on my way home from barre. we split the laundry. and in the past few months he’s taken over the grocery shopping -doing it on saturday mornings when i’m teaching barre classes at the studio. before discovering the ourgroceries app, i would keep a running list of what we needed from trader joe’s and sprouts and then text it to S early saturday morning. but with the app, we can add/delete items throughout the week as they pop into your heads. it’s like google drive but just for groceries. anyway, it’s very useful and has made grocery shopping (or target shopping!) 10x easier.
tell me, what are the best things you bought/tried in 2017?
i get a small commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post. thank you for supporting the brands that keep this blog up and running.