every time i have made this announcement in the last few weeks, i’ve had to start with the following disclaimer.
i’m not pregnant yet.
but today’s news is exciting nonetheless.
guys, i quit my job.
for those unfamiliar with my life outside of the blog -for the past 11 years i have worked as the director of membership and communications for a private country club. it has been a position that has helped mold and shape me into the person i am today, equipping me with a skill set to serve me in both professional and personal capacities. while it is a bittersweet chapter to close, i know that i (we as S is 100% supportive of this decision) am making the best choice for our family and accordingly our future family.
so what’s next, you ask? well, that’s kind of the beauty of this whole chapter -to quote hilary duff (and the hills theme song) -the rest is still unwritten. and while not having a concrete plan would normally scare my type A personality, at this juncture of my life, it does quite the opposite. i could not be more excited to venture out into the unknown.
first and foremost, the focus of having a less stressful schedule will be to start our family (Lord willing). secondly, i am excited to continue teaching studio barre classes, hopefully picking up a few more time slots during the day to fill my time (and earn a little extra money!). and finally, as it pertains to this space and my passion for fashion (that rhymes!) and personal style, i’m pretty thrilled for the opportunity to dedicate more time to growing my brand.
though i don’t leave the corporate world until august 31st, i have already begun brainstorming ways to engage more with this community (and my instagram community, too!). off the top of my head, i’m excited to:
- contribute more fitting room fables posts/try-on sessions (especially as brands start launching their fall and holiday collections)
- delve deeper into denim styling (after over a decade of limiting my denim purchases/wear due to the club’s dress code, i can’t wait to develop my casual aesthetic. i can finally justify buying a denim skirt!)
- continue my morning “closet confessions” on instagram stories showcasing how i put together my #ootd (the outfits will just look a little differently moving forward)
- start an IGTV channel
- shoot more content during the week (this means employing another photographer –my mom!)
- possibly collaborate with fellow bloggers
- and continue to share more home updates (#casaderivera) in REAL TIME!
thank you for your continued support and for sharing in our excitement for this new chapter. we are thrilled for all that is to come! please let me know if there’s anything specific you’d like to see on the blog or on instagram, i’d love to have your feedback!