i feel silly celebrating this because it’s not my blog’s actual birthday (that’s in january), but yesterday was the one year anniversary of making the decision to convert this space to showcase less personal business (besides the wedding, of course) and more personal style. and what a year it has been!
here are a few of the highlights:
- i fulfilled four of the five of the blog goals i set for myself at the beginning of the year (including reaching 1,000 instagram followers!)
- with the help of mason alley calligraphy, i created a brand logo and updated my website header for a fresh new look
- i partnered with a few brands including how joyful shop, natalie borton, tobi, fossil, and most recently, JORD watches
- i started the #shawnaleeannstyle lately series to capture outfits i actually wear on a daily/weekly basis
- with the help of my amazing #instagramhusband and his ever improving photography skills, we produced some of my favorite photoshoots to date! if i had to name my top three they would be: the one with the pink wall, the one with the striped peplum top, and the one (of many) with the silk island skirt
as it pertains to the blog, this year has certainly presented its challenges (mostly in terms of the time i have to dedicate to growing and developing it = very little). but at the end of the day, i still adore this little creative outlet of mine and it warms my heart to no end to know that you do, too. whether you’ve been there since day one, are a new subscriber, or fall somewhere in between, thank you so much for following along. at the end of the day, i’m just a girl with a slight shopping obsession, an even bigger coffee addiction, but mostly just a firm believer that life’s too short to wear boring clothes.
here’s to year two and all that it may bring.